They say awareness is the first step…when you consider the impact you have on those around you and how you are perceived; it couldn’t be truer!
Emotional Intelligence (E.I.) is the underpinning “X-factor” of effective leadership and is arguably as, or even more, important than IQ. Korn Ferry/Hay Group’s E.I. theory and tools help individuals develop awareness around themselves, the impact they have on others, and the degree of empathy they exhibit.
Check out an article written for Harvard Business Review by the man behind the theory who popularized the very term, Emotional Intelligence:
The Emotional Intelligence Model
How the Assessment Works
There is a self-assessment portion to complete. From there, we’ll ask you to cast a wide net of others to participate in providing you feedback through the assessment:
- The team you lead
- Your boss
- Your peers
- Others you feel could provide valuable insight
After everyone has participated, you’ll receive a detailed report which includes your self-assessed scores and the combined, anonymous scores of the individuals you invited to participate and any verbatim feedback that was offered.
How we typically engage
- Assist in the communication, distribution, and collection of assessment data
- Teach you the underpinning theory of Emotional Intelligence through typically a half-day virtual or in-person session
- Teach you how to interpret your assessment report results and work with you to determine what’s next
- Provide 1 on 1 coaching based on your results
Note- We often work with a group of leaders at once through the steps above.